The Walton School of Auctioneering is now offering The Continuing Education renewal for both The Ohio Auctioneers License and for The Ohio Auction Firm Manager's License.
The class is an in-person, one day certification. It will be held at the Holiday Inn Akron West (4073 Medina Rd. Akron OH. 44333) on Monday, April 17th, from 8am-5pm.
The course will consist of a 3-hour Ohio Auction Law update and a 5-hour segment on Federal Laws pertaining to guns at auction. This will meet the 8 hr. requirements for license renewal under ORC 4707 for license renewal for Auctioneers and Auction Firm Managers.
Class cost is $100/student. Students should bring their wallet-sized Auctioneers or Firm Managers Identification/License and their driver's license or some other form of identification. Their Auctioneers license number will be needed to complete their attendance certificate.
|Payment instructions for our April 17th, 2023 Continuing Education Classes|
|April 17, 2023 - 8 Hour Continuing Education Class for Ohio Auctioneers and Auction Firm Managers (8am-5pm) at the Holiday Inn Akron West (4073 Medina Rd. Akron OH. 44333 - Main Ball Room) - $100.00 course fee|
The ORC that pertains to Continuing Education
§ 4707.101. Continuing Education. link
- (A) A licensed auctioneer shall complete eight hours of continuing education in accordance with this section prior to renewal of the license under section 4707.10 of the Revised Code. The auction firm manager of a licensed auction firm shall complete eight hours of continuing education in accordance with this section prior to the renewal of the auction firm license under section 4707.10 of the Revised Code.
- (B)(1) Except as provided in division (B)(2) of this section, a licensed auctioneer and an auction firm manager shall complete the eight hours of continuing education as follows:
- (a) Three of the hours shall include areas of instruction in any of the following areas: an overview of this chapter and rules adopted under it, including any recent amendments to that chapter or rules; contract law; the uniform commercial code; auction ethics; or trust or escrow accounts.
- (b) Five of the hours shall include areas of instruction in any of the following areas: advertising and marketing; business math and accounting; insurance and liability; federal firearms law; business management; motor vehicle auctions; real estate auctions; or personal property auctions.
- (B)(2) If a licensed auctioneer has been issued a license with a period of validity of twelve months or less, the auctioneer shall complete four hours of continuing education as follows:
- (a) One hour in the areas of instruction described in division (B)(1)(a) of this section;
- (b) Three hours in the areas of instruction described in division (B)(1)(b) of this section.
- (C) A licensed auctioneer or an auction firm manager of a licensed auction firm may complete an area of instruction for continuing education hours in another state if both of the following apply:
- (1) The area of instruction has been approved by the appropriate state governing body in the other state.
- (2) The Ohio auctioneers commission approves the completion of the area of instruction by the auctioneer or an auction firm manager in the other state.